Doctors of Chiropractic are trained health care professionals and as such are obliged to act responsibly.
A typical chiropractic visit consist of:
- medical history taking,
- detailed physical examination,
- interpretation of investigative tools, such as x-ray,
- effective doctor-patient communication with regard to presenting complaint, prognosis and management plan,
- obtaining patient’s consent to treatment,
- carry out gentle techniques for which they have received training.
The professional chiropractic practitioner will, in terms:
- adhere to the chiropractic Scope of Practice,
- treat all patients the same, regardless of sex, race, political and religious belief,
- continue his/her professional development,
- favor, and contribute to, scientific research and evidence based therapeutic approaches,
- help the profession maintain high standards,
- act professionally and honestly.